Grateful Dead Levi Denim Jacket Hand Painted Jerry Garcia Blues for Allah
- Time left:
- Item location:
- Ships to:
- EZ SELL USA:
- Rich 51108 Vault
- Does Not Apply
- OWN A PIECE OF ROCK AND ROLL HISTORY!
- We are listing 6 hand-painted denim jackets. Each of the jackets represents the work of Merl Saunders, the Jerry Garcia Band or the Grateful Dead. The ones depicting Saunders' work had two copies made, one of which was personally given to Merl Saunders by our seller.
- While Saunders was a fantastic musician and frequent collaborator with Jerry Garcia, he was also Jerry's friend.
- Saunders helped Jerry rehabilitate and re-learn the guitar after Garcia fell ill and went into a diabetic coma in 1986.
- This effort of friendship and love is cited in the book Captain Trips, A Biography of Jerry Garcia by Sandy Troy. Chapter 6, pages 210 and 211 tell the story in more detail.
- The coats were given to Saunders as a thank you for helping Jerry, from our seller on behalf of all fans of Jerry and the Grateful Dead.
- The first coat was given to Merl Saunders by our seller at the Que in Iowa City in October of 1995.
- A piece of Americana/rock history!
This particular jacket:
- Based upon the Blues for Allah, American Beauty and Mars Hotel album covers.
- One of a kind! A copy was not gifted to Saunders.
- Size: Mens 44, Levi
Chest Seam 16-1/4"
Pit to pit 22"
- Neck to hem 21"
- Cuff 5-1/4" flat
- Hem 21" flat
- Shoulder seam 18"
- Sleeve 23"
- Center back, neck to cuff: 32"
Pre-owned jacket in very good condition with no rips, tears, or repairs.
- Machine-washable. 100% Cotton. Turn inside out, button and was on gentle.